It’s senior portrait time! Here are 5 simple steps to make the best of your session.
1) Be on time. I know it sounds simple but it’s very important. Chances are, your photographer has planned your session for that specific time to flow perfectly with locations and the sun so being on time and prepared is very important.
2) Plan out your outfits days in advance and don’t be afraid to bring a back up just in case. Bring a variety of outfits that show your personality and make sure they are clean and wrinkle free. Make sure to choose outfits that are flattering fits, styles, and fabrics that complement your natural shape from all angles. Never be afraid of incorporating patterns, as long as the pattern isn’t too overwhelming. Stay away from shirts with writing or big logos on them. In the end, be comfortable, express yourself, play with textures and patterns and bring the accessories and layers! Also, consider hiring a professional for hair and makeup. It’s fun to be pampered and this will take some stress off everyone. They will also know how to work around this Indiana humidity.
3) Your photographer should know how to pose you and the most flattering poses but feel free to try your own too. Simple things like gently placing your hair behind your ear can make a great photo and it doesn’t’ look forced. Above all trust your photographer with the poses they put you in and locations they choose but also let them know if there is a special location you want incorporated or a certain pose you’d like to try.
4) Bring props or pets. (or friends!) You can make these portraits as personal as you want so bringing props are always welcomed. These can consist of sporting gear, books for the readers, balloons, cars, and even pets!
5) Have fun!! This should not be a stuffy uptight event. Let your personality shine through and if you don’t smile and laugh, I will have to tell really bad jokes…and no one wants that! Bring your sense of adventure and humor and don’t sweat the small stuff and enjoy the moment!
don't miss out!
Weekly fun in your inbox, helpful planning advice, discounts and more!
JOIN THE FUN
Join the List